My Blog List

Friday, May 27, 2011

Sneakerhead

I would like to consider myself a sneakerhead. And while I'm not as serious as those who attend shoe conventions out on the East Coast, I do enjoy buying a nice pair of sneakers.

I own upwards of twenty pairs of shoes, all for different uses. I have a couple pairs of basketball shoes, some running shoes, soccer cleats, indoor soccer shoes, boat shoes, and many other kinds. I usually find these at very good deals. Most pairs I get are 30-60% off the original price.

One of my newer pairs of shoes are brand new Nike Lunar running shoes. I came across the deal of a lifetime. While browsing the web during class, I decided to check out the latest deals on Finishline.com. Little did I know, I was about to stumble across one of the many mysteries I have faced. I spotted some nice looking Nike lunars on the website and clicked on the link to take a closer look. On the main page, they were listed at $129.99, so I figured I was just there to look. But lo and behold, once I entered the specific shoe page, they were listed in red at a different price.

Now, usually the red price means that something has been marked down and is now on sale. I was taken by surprise by this new red price because these were some newly released sneakers. So I looked over at the price and I almost yelped out in celebration.

These shoes were definitely a pair that I liked. However, I did not like them enough to pay the full price. These sneaks were made with some very light material and the latest running technology from Nike. So I understood why they were priced so high. But again, I would never pay full price for these.

I had no intentions of buying a pair of shoes then and there, but when I saw that red price, I could do nothing but get my credit card out and order these shoes. They were marked down to $19.99. That's an unbelievable $110 off! How could I not buy them!? So many thoughts were going through my mind at that time. I was stunned at how low the price was.

After I had retrieved my credit card from my wallet, I slowly went through the checkout process. I had a feeling that, at any time, the price would go back to the original. So I carefully clicked through and entered by information one page at a time, to make sure I was truly paying $20.00. At the final checkout screen, Finish Line notified me that these shoes were eligible for free shipping. Is this real life? I could not believe it. I completely shut down for a few minutes to try and get a handle on what had just happened.

This is every sneakerhead's dream, and I lived it.

No comments:

Post a Comment