My Blog List

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Best Movies to Quote

I am a movie freak and I love to watch movies over and over again.



I am currently on my way to Breckenridge, Colorado*. I decided to turn to Netflix and watch a movie on the way. I went with the all time classic, Dumb and Dumber. While watching just the first few minutes and idea sprung into my mind. What are some of the best movies to quote? Dumb and Dumber is always an excellent choice. But what others are there? Let's look through some Hollywood classics.

*This was started in August, thus the introduction of going to Colorado.

-Dumb and Dumber- "I got worms." "I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little more rockier than this." "mock. Yeah. Ing. Yeah. Bird. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah." I could go on forever quoting this movie, not only is it a cinematic masterpiece, but it's a brilliant piece of comedy. Everybody can enjoy this film full of hilarity and lack of intelligence. The Farrelly brothers hit a home run with this early nineties movie. I could spend all day watching/quoting this movie, but let's move on.

-Elf- "I'm a cotton headed ninnymuggins." "I love to smile, smiling's my favorite." "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." This recent holiday flick has captured the hearts of millions of people young and old. Will Ferrell portrays a human raised by elves and goes on to provide line after line that is repeated by most everybody that watches this. It will always remain a movie to be watched during the holiday season for years to come.

-The Sandlot- "foreverrrrrr. Foreverrrrrr. Foreverrrrrr." "Heroes are remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong." "You play ball like a girl!" one of my all time favorite movies, the Sandlot is a children's classic about getting into a pickle. Any baseball an absolutely loves this movie, and it is usually enjoyed by all others. "The Jet stole home!" is one of the best ending lines for any film.

-A Christmas Story- "Ohhhhhh Fudge" "Fragile, it must be Italian" "I triple dog dare you!" This is a holiday classic that is shown yearly on Christmas. Everybody knows these quotes and this movie. Jean Shepherd's narration is one of the main factors that makes this movie so lovable and popular. Life in the 1950s is epitomized with this film and all ages can relate to it.

"The Lion King"- "Long live...the king!" "He lives in you" "Hakuna Matata" "Pinned ya....pinned ya again" The Lion King is my all time favorite movie and I can quote it throughout. Much like Jean Shepherd's narration in A Christmas Story, the soundtrack from this Disney classic is arguably the most important part of the movie. The songs from this movie are known by all and most people can sing or recite every lyric.

This concludes my list of favorite quotable movies. The list could go on and on. Some notable ones left out from my list include Remember the Titans, SuperBad, and Transformers. This list is also includes movies I have seen. I am sure that there are some other movies out there that are full of memorable quotes, but I may not have seen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment